Thursday, March 10, 2011

30 Day Blog: Day 9

Prompt: What you hope your future will be like.

I'm going to deviate from my normal post structure and make this post into a list, of sorts.

Things that I hope for my future:

- To gain more confidence and success in on-camera acting, since my history and training now is mostly on the stage and I'm still getting used to acting on-camera.

- At the same time, to never forget or give up on my passion for stage acting. Stage acting is what I first fell in love with and I never want to stop doing it entirely. There are loads of theatrical roles that I hope to play someday and I refuse to give up on those dreams.

- A career in Voice Over jobs (more animation and theatrical than commercial). I've been interested in doing Voice Overs for some time now and it's only been within the last few years that I've truly started training and doing amateur jobs online. I recently finished up my first paying, professional Voice Over job a few weeks ago, so I'm very excited.

- Success with the music/vocal side of my career, be it as a recording artist or a musical theatre performer. I've discovered, since moving out here and being out of school, how much I truly love singing and want to incorporate it into my career as much as I can.

- A loving, Christian husband who supports and strengthens me and I him.

- A puppy (or two)

- A house or condo of my own.

- To be able to support myself financially so my parents don't have to worry about it.

- The chance to work on something that is truly unique and touching, something that's one of a kind that will always be remembered (like Buffy, Doctor Who or Fullmetal Alchemist).

- Kind of in the vein of the last item on the list, the chance to work with a composer like Jason Robert Brown or Stephen Sondheim. Someone who writes music that is beautiful, unique and innovative. I would love to be a part of something like that.

- Good friends that I trust and can turn to no matter what (I have some of those now, so yay!)

- I hope that my brother will find something he's passionate about doing and is successful at it. He is truly brilliant and I want him to be happy and to use the gifts that he's been given.

- Maybe one day to have a family, but not for a long while yet. I'm certainly not ready for kids anytime soon, but maybe, later in life, kids might be nice.

- To never lose my faith and my beliefs. I won't let the world change who I am, no matter how hard it may try to. I want to remain true to myself and set an example for others.

You never know, the future may turn out to be something totally different than you planned (it's already taken turns I never expected), but that's what makes life so exciting. No one can predict where you're going to travel, but you should always try to enjoy the journey, no matter what the destination may be.

I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment