Tuesday, March 15, 2011

30 Day Blog: Day 13

Prompt: Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.

I think instead of choosing just one part of that question, I'm going to answer both!

First: Someplace I'd like to move.

England. Either London or a smaller town somewhere close by. I've always loved England and have had the privilege of visiting and performing there twice.

I don't know what it is about England that I love so much. Sure, it's cloudy and rainy and cold most of the time, but it has a kind of...old world, classic appeal. I think it's the Literature nerd in me. Everywhere you look you can find buildings that have been there for hundreds of years, castles where epic battles were fought or places written about in famous stories.

Bath - Home of Jane Austin

 There's the little things I love about it:

- The accents
- The grass that is incredibly green



- The pretty money and coins
- The fact that most people walk or bike everywhere
- Small portions (just the right amount of food!)
- Tiny doors (usually painted a bright color)
- The fact that houses and cottages have names
- Tea
- Pasties (SO GOOD!)
- Shakesepare and the London theatre scene in general


I would love to somehow be able to go and act over there or perform long-term in England, find a cute little cottage or flat to live in, see Shakesepare shows as much as I could. Yep. I want to go to there.


A place that I would like to visit would be Greece. To begin with, I'm a huge fan of Greek Mythology and I think it would be amazing to get to see the remains of the ancient temples and monuments.

Not like this though.
I feel that, as an actor, it would be especially interesting to visit the place where Theatre really began. I've read about so many places and stories from the times of Ancient Greece that are associated with acting and performance and I would love to see where those stories originated.

I also think it's really pretty.


Look at that sky! Talk about blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment