Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 Blog: Day 14

Prompt: Your earliest memory.

My earliest memory is more like a jumble of random memories from my childhood. I'm not really sure which one came first.

I remember that when I was little I had these tall, white shelves that lined one wall of my room that were pretty much full of books. I used to sit on the floor in front of these shelves and read. I was particularly fond of The Berenstain Bears and the Little Critter books.

I also remember dancing around my parents' bathroom while my dad was shaving, twirling my favorite stuffed animal (Velveteen Rabbit) and singing along to Michael Bolton ("Steel Bars" all the way).

I remember playing outside for hours on the jungle gym my dad and grandpa built for me. I LOVED to swing, it was my favorite.

Strangely enough, now that I'm older I can't swing for longer than 10 minutes without getting dizzy. It makes me sad.

No swings for me :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment