Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 Day Blog: Day 1


Prompt: Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

"I do love nothing in the world so well as you". 

What better way to start off this topic than with my favorite Shakespeare quote?  This quote pretty much sums up all of my hopeless romantic-Quixotic-ness that I feel when it comes to my love life. I am a firm believer that there is someone out in the world who is meant specifically for me, someone who will come into my life when the moment's right, not necessarily when I want him to. This person will be someone who will (and I know how cliche this will sound) "complete me".
Relationships aren't easy, they're not the perfect fairy-tale stories that we believed as kids, they take hard work, commitment and sacrifice. But I believe that when you find the One (again with the cliches) you will both be strong enough together to overcome all of that and truly be happy.
Yes, over the years I've had my share of relationships. Many of them were very fleeting and none of them ever became extremely serious. In the end I was always the one who did the leaving (what I like to call the Ramona Flowers complex)



But it was because I knew that there was something missing. Some feeling at the very core of my being that said this is the person you are meant to spend the rest of your life with. I see it in the way my parents still look at each other after 26+ years of marriage, at the joy and love that appears on their faces as they talk about how they first met (which I think would be the most adorable romantic comedy EVER) and knew they were meant to be together.

Being single isn't a bad thing either! I actually quite like being single. It's time that I have to really focus on what I want to do, both career-wise and personally and it allows me to figure out just who I'm becoming as a person.
Right now, it's enough for me to know that he's out there somewhere, alive and figuring out who he wants to become. I trust that when we're ready, our paths will cross and we will start a journey towards a whole new life. Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment