Friday, April 8, 2011

The (Cos)Play's the thing!

*I'm on a roll tonight, blog-wise. +100 Writing Ability*
Cosplay - Literally "Costume Play." Dressing up and pretending to be a fictional character (usually a sci-fi, comic book, or anime character).
- From Urban Dictionary.com

I will admit, I want to Cosplay at least once in my life. I'm an actor, it's in my nature to want to dress up in detailed costumes of characters that I love.

That being said, I would also like to go to a big Cosplay/Nerdy convention where I won't feel alone (and awkward) dressed up as a character because pretty much everyone else will be too.

Personally I would like to try to Cosplay characters that I resemble (somewhat). I'm not a huge fan of wigs, myself, though I might wear one if it's for a character I absolutely love (it would also probably be a lot easier now that my hair is shorter).

I also would want to Cosplay in a really well put together, quality costume. This is partially why I haven't done any Cosplay yet, because I'm not the best seamstress in the world and would probably need some help getting everything put together correctly.

*Costumer friends, anyone want to help me out?*

I also need help making props (since some of the characters I want to dress up as have props that are integral to their design. Such as the Portal Gun which I don't really know how to make myself).

Some characters that are on my Cosplay list include:

Chell - from "Portal"


The Portal Gun would be the hardest part of this costume. There's a guy who made an AMAZING replica for Penny Arcade's Child Play charity event, but I'm pretty sure I'm not that talented. 

Katara or Azula - from "Avatar: The Last Airbender"

Water

Fire
Both of these ladies are pretty kickass, though if I had to choose, I would probably pick Firebending over Waterbending. Plus, Azula can bend LIGHTNING.

How cool is that? (even if she is crazy).

Seth Nightroad - from "Trinity Blood"


Part innocent little girl, part destructive, powerful Crusnik.

Djaq - from BBC's "Robin Hood"


Djaq disguises herself as a boy, fights with sword/bow and arrow and skilled with potions. My kind of girl.

Yuffie - from "Kingdom Hearts"


Come on, who doesn't want to be a Ninja?

Inara - from "Firefly"


Because not only is Inara a great character, she has some of the best clothes EVER.

Drusilla or Faith - from "Buffy"

Vampire

Slayer

I seem to have a thing for characters that end up going crazy, in one way or another. 
So...cool?

Soli - from "The Meek"


(This fanart can be found HERE)
(This sketch found HERE)

HOW COOL IS SHE? 
This is a character I would have no problem wearing a wig for (though I'm actually planning on just getting some kind of hair extension that matches my hair to make the long tail in the back and play a dark-haired Soli).


There you have it: my Cosplay plans.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

No comments:

Post a Comment