Monday, April 4, 2011

Adventure, Hair, and a Taste of Italy

Warning: the author of this blog is in a strange mood at the moment which may be evident in the following post. Lots of () and CAPS. *I regret nothing*

Yesterday Kaitlin and I set off on yet another exciting road trip.

Destination: San Diego
What: Getting my haircut
Why: We like adventure (and new hair!)

After filling up with gas (way-too-expensive-gas) and grabbing a much needed Starbucks, we hit the road. Our travel time was spent singing along to Buffy, Disney, and random other tunes (because we are cool).

Of course we got to San Diego way early, so we walked around, checked out the shops, and ate lunch at a cute little cafe that had AMAZING bread. Mmmm. I even got sauce on my pasta (gasp!)

After lunch, we walked around a bit more, then headed to the salon, where we were (not surprisingly) still early for my appointment. We perused the magazines and drank some tea while we waited.

Finally my stylist was free and I proceeded to get a great deal of my hair chopped off.



I frakking love it!!! I don't know if I will ever have long hair again (unless I get an amazing role that require me to grow my hair out. Maybe then). Not going to lie, I'm extremely excited about the fact that I can make my hair all spiky and edgy if I want to (and I want to) :-D

After the hair cut we drove out to a mall and began to search for coffee. Of course, we HAD to go to the mall that had NO Starbucks anywhere around. Really? No Starbucks? We settled for grabbing coffee from one of those Corner Bakery places and then killed a bunch of time shopping at Nordstrom Rack and Loheman's. We also looked at some puppies because they were ADORABLE.

I bought a very pretty bright blue cardigan (because I'm sick of having to constantly re-sew the button on my pink one) and a cute dark green tank top-y thing (because summer is coming and the top shows off my new hair well!)

We drove around a little more and finally found a cute little Italian place for dinner. We had fabulous wine, yummy salads, and very good main courses (I had Shrimp Scampi). We then ordered dessert, which was pretty good, and listened to the live accordion player jazz it up.

We then managed to drive all the way home, despite being very sleepy, with the help of blasting showtunes and singing until our throats died.

*That is all*

No comments:

Post a Comment