Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

I am currently sitting in my home in Nebraska, drinking tea and watching my puppy run around the house. It's been months since I was home last, February, I think. Even though I live in warm California, I find that as Fall and Winter arrive, I miss the cold and ice of Nebraska. I love seasons, plus, I have an unhealthy affinity for coats and scarves.
My mother has, once again, outdone herself with the Thanksgiving dinner and my belly is pleasantly full with Turkey, mashed potatoes, and crescent rolls. Along with the wonderful food, the house rang with laughter and the voices of relatives as we ate, attempted to make holiday ornaments and fed the puppy leftovers from the meal. We chatted about what's been going on with our lives, reminisced about past holiday get-togethers, and talked about plans for Christmas. It was good to see my family, and it's been nice being home for a few days. I've missed Nebraska.
I am so blessed to have such a loving family and group of friends. I'm glad that my family has always been very supportive of my decision to pursue acting and I'm thankful for all of the opportunities that I've been given, and the memories that I've made. I hope that today you remember all that you have been blessed with, and give thanks for all the good things in your life.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment