Saturday, April 3, 2010

"I love your majesty according to my bond, no more nor less"

King Lear opened last night!
We had a pretty big audience, considering that it was good Friday, and they responded very well to the show. We heard later that at least two people were crying during the last scene. YAY! (Although Ian's first thought when he heard someone was crying was a panicked "Oh God, did I hit her with the sword?")
:-D
My goal last night, personally, was to stop thinking so much about how I was saying the words and simply speak them.  I get to say these beautiful words every night, and I don't want my over-analyzing self to get in the way of the words themselves.That being said, I feel like I accomplished my goal and will continue to work to stay out of my head so much and more in the moment.
After the show the cast went out to the Prohibition Room for drinks and food, which was pretty fun. I love going to cast parties of Shakespeare shows, because all anyone talks about for the first hour (at least) is the show, the characters, and Shakespeare himself.
Being a huge Shakespeare nerd, I absolutely love when an entire table full of people are discussing Shakespeare and his plays. It makes my heart all warm and fuzzy inside.
Tonight is another performance! Let's make THREE people cry tonight! (At least!)

No comments:

Post a Comment